The purpose of the Ordnance Order of Samuel Sharpe is to recognize those individuals who have served the United States Army Ordnance Corps with demonstrated integrity, moral character and professional competence over a sustained period of time. And whose selfless contributions to the Corps stand out in the eyes of their seniors, peers and subordinates alike.
The approval authority for the Ordnance Order of Samuel Sharpe is delegated to Ordnance Corps General Officers and full Colonels (06) respectively. The nomination packet must be favorably endorsed by the nominee’s Battalion Commander or GS-14 Equivalent.
When there is not an Ordnance General or Colonel available in the nominees organization, the nomination can be submitted to the Ordnance Corps Association, who will coordinate for a review and approval by the Chief of Ordnance and Staff.
• Any member of the Ordnance Corps may nominate a qualified candidate for the Ordnance Order of Samuel Sharpe.
• Nominators must use the Ordnance Corps Association’s Samuel Sharpe nomination form to articulate the candidate’s Time in the Corps, Level of Responsibility, Complexity / Difficulty of positions in which they served, Impact / Contribution to the Corps and Sacrifice in Service to the Corps and the Nation. An additional page may be attached if more space is required. The nomination form must also include the full name, rank, duty position, phone number, email address and mailing address of the nominee, nominator, endorser and if appropriate the approval authority.
• Forward the completed nomination form and $35.00 for the cost of the award, shipping and handling to:
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps Association
P.O. Box 5251
Ft. Lee, Virginia 23801
• The nomination must be received no later than eight weeks prior to the projected presentation date.
• It is expected that recipients will be presented the Ordnance Order of Samuel Sharpe during an appropriate and dignified ceremony.