Purpose: The purpose of the Ordnance Corps Association’s Keeper of the Flame award is to recognize and show our appreciation for the invaluable service Ordnance spouses provide to our Corps.
Approval Authority: Any member of the Ordnance Corps may nominate a deserving candidate for the Keeper of the Flame award. The approval authority is delegated to Ordnance Corps General officers and Colonels (06) respectively.
When there is not an Ordnance General or Colonel available in the nominee’s organization, the nomination must be endorsed by the nominator’s commander and submitted to the Ordnance Corps Association. The Association will then review and coordinate approval by the Chief of Ordnance.
• Any member of the Ordnance Corps may nominate a qualified candidate for the Keeper of the Flame.
• Nominators may use the Ordnance Corps Association’s Keeper of the Flame nomination form or a reasonable facsimile. The nominator must provide a one-page justification, which articulates the candidate’s significant contributions to the Ordnance Corps, over a sustained period of time. The nomination form must also include the full name, rank, unit, phone number and mailing address of the nominator, and the endorser or approval authority as appropriate.
• Forward the completed nomination form and $25.00 for the cost of the award, shipping and handling to:
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps Association
P.O. Box 5251
Fort Lee, Va 23801
• The nomination must be received no later than SIX weeks prior to the projected presentation date.
• It is expected that recipients will be presented the Keeper of the Flame during an appropriate and dignified ceremony.